Thursday, June 30, 2011

Unconditional Love daily shoot Digital Storytelling #2

Before I use to love my father. When I was a child I use to play more with boys than girls, my father use to give me all his attention, he use to play a lot with me. He use to tell me stories every night before I fell asleep.
When I turned 18 years old I met a very cute guy in my class, we became friends along the term, his name was Nelmelo. He was very kind to me, and as the time went by we became even closer. I started to have a feeling for him, but in the beginning I was afraid of talking to him because I thought he wasn't interested on me. Fortunately I was wrong, he also liked me, so we talked and we decided to start a relationship. Although, I was interested in him, I started the relationship mostly because of my bests influences. Time passed by and I was loving him one day more than the other, I couldn't imagine myself without him anymore. I would call him many times in one day, if he was busy I would feel like he is not giving me much attention. He use to tell me beautiful worlds, at night he would call just to tell me good night, and I could sleep as my dad just told me a story.

I finished my high school education and got a scholarship to study in America. I truly loved him, but I had to fight and get the opportunity that live was giving to me. He wasn't in favor of me moving to other country, but I had to decide it myself and I thought if he truly loves me he will wait.
I missed him a lot, we would talk almost everyday in skype, facebook, msn cell phone, etc. It felt like our love just rised 1000x more. Each song I would hear reminded me of him, in the same time I was afraid that he would sometime forget about me.

One day I then decided to go back home and visit my family, friends and of course to see, my mistake was that I didnt tell him, I wanted to make a surprise. When I arrived, I went to his house without telling him, when I entered I saw him kissing another girl, the way we used to kiss. Touching her, the way he use to touch me, Teling her the same words he used to tell me. OMG I left there crying, I didn't let him see me. In the night of the same day, I decided to call him, and ask if he still love me, " hey baby how are you ?" I replied I'm alright. I have a serious question to ask you. He said "go head love" being strong I asked "Do you still love me the same way as before?" He laughed and said "Of course I still love you as before, and probably I love you more then before". Then I said to him, look I can't take this distance relationship anymore, that it would be better if we broke up, because I cheated on you and I can't lie to you anymore. I was lying to him, I was doing that hoping that he would tell me the truth. Surprisingly, he started to call me names, judge me. After all, I said what about you, have u cheated on me, and he said "NOP". It was too much for me, I just hung up on him without telling that I was back in town and that I saw him kissing another girl.

I layed down in my bad, started to remember all the good moments we shared, but I also remembered a word from my father "love yourself first". I stood up and went to talk to my parent at the live room, and I asked him to tell me the stories he used to tell me when I was younger. My father huged me, and I felt save, I felt everything that I use to feel before my Nelmelo appeared and stole all the love I had for my father. From that moment I loved my father back, someone I know that loves me, will never lie to him, and I can love until the end, that I would get the same love back from him.

I went back to skl in order to finish my degree. Then I looked for a Job, and started to work as secretary in the prime minister office. I was working with very famous and important people and there was always these man that never missed any important meeting, presentation and so on. One day this man decided to come and talk to me and he asked me for a date, to go to a dinner, his name is Rui like our son. We had dinners, lunchs and many other time together. New couples, we were going out for 5 years when then we decided to get married. We had our first child Rui after one year of our marriage. I love him, but I realized that I dont love him as much as I love my family...

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this amazing and powerful story.

    The tender feelings you describe for your father, as a father of three young daughters, touched me greatly.

    ReplyDelete